Friday, March 18, 2011

May hope sustain you...

Hello! Happy Friday! We leave for Los Angeles tomorrow afternoon and I am beyond excited! I have scheduled some blog posts, so do stop by! I'll more than likely be checking my Reader,too, so don't be surprised to see me stop in to say hi to some of y'all!! Hopefully, though, we'll be having so much fun, I won't have the time.

So, today's card is a sympathy card I made for a colleague. His mother died this week, and my boss said, "Hey, can you run up to Target and get a card?". To which I replied, "You mean, go home and make one?". :) So, though sympathy cards are my least favorite to make, this one was made easier by using this month's Diva Dare. Click on the link for more info if you're unaware of the challenge. The gist of it is that each month one of the Diva's will issue a challenge and we have a week in which to answer the challenge. This month, Tosha Leyendekker issued the challenge to make a card that was mostly neutral with a splash of color to represent the arrival of Spring.

So, here is my card:




I just love that Brenda Walton paper. The card just came together so quickly because the paper is just so lovely that I could just add a wee bit of stamping and ribbon (ok, and scallops) and call it a day. Perfect!

I hope you'll play along with the challenge. It's super fun AND there are amazing prizes awarded!!! Check it out!




Stamps: Forever in our Hearts (Verve)
Card Stock: Kraft, Lavender Moon (Papertrey); Early Espresso (SU); Brenda Walton paper pad
Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU)
Extras: Early Espresso satin ribbon (SU); Button (Papertrey)


13 brownkowments:

kasia c. said...

i'm sorry to hear about your colleague's mother. This is such a beautiful card. I love the little splash of purple. Gorgeous! :)

Yay!! vacation time! :)

Lisa H. said...

wow! this is gorgoues....love the pink and brown combo here and that flower is sooo pretty.

Unknown said...

Keva, this is beautiful. The sentiment is perfect. I LOVE the flower.

Anne Marie Hile said...

What a beautiful card! I really like the soft neutrals with a hint of color. Very pretty! have a fun time on your trip! :)

Suzanne said...

More gorgeous paper to covet. LOL The hint of colour from the scallop and button are the perfect finishing touches.

Dana said...

I'm terribly sorry for the need for this beautiful card, but I LOVE your response to your boss...*chuckle*

Tosha Leyendekker said...

WOW Keva!! You nailed this challenge!! Your neutral poppy and sentiment are gorgeous!! What a clever idea to keep the image neutral and use your pop of color in the button and scallop. It's so striking!!

Amy Kolling said...

Just lovely Keva. I love that flower stamped over that pattern paper......makes for such a soft soothing feel to it! I like the touch of brown cardstock at the top to tie in with the ribbon!

Joan Ervin said...

What a beautiful sympathy card....the papers are exceptional and I love how you stamped the images on the paper....fabulous design!!!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just gorgeous, Keva! This is the exact paper that I almost used for this challenge, before switching to newsprint! Love the splash of pink with the scallops and button. Simple elegance!

Laurie said...

OH my! This is gorgeous! I love how you stamped on that ledger paper! Beautiful!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations