Monday, October 3, 2011

pocket boy..

I come up with the craziest names for my posts sometimes..lol.


Anywho, thanks for stopping in! I hope you all had a great weekend! It's cool here finally and I LOVE it. Fall is my favorite time of year in Tennessee. 


Today, I have a card for this month's Sketch For You To Try, seen here:



I decided to use my new pocketful stamps from WPlus9 that came a few weeks ago. I thought the sketch was perfect for using one of the pockets included with this set. I went with a baby boy theme and came up with this little ditty:

I love the way this little pocket looks. It's just so fun to play with! I added a little texture to mimic denim and added little half pearls because it reminded me of the little rivets on pockets.  This was such a fun card to make and would also be extra cute in a "girl" version. Can't wait to try that! 

Well, that's it for today. It IS a Monday after all, so I must mentally prepare for today - the busiest day of my work week! Fun...lol

Have a great one! Laters!






5 brownkowments:

Deb Buckminster said...

FANTASTIC baby boy card, Keva!! And LOOK how cleverly you observed the "Rule of Three" with the stars!!

Lindsay said...

Sooo cute Keva! Love the post title, lol! Seriously though, love that little pocket and your colors are so sweet.

kasia c. said...

Love the colour scheme! Adn the stars coming out of the pocket are fabulous!! :)

Amy Kolling said...

Oh I think the rivets are my favorite part of this card (other than this super cute stamp set)!!! Those rivets added so much detail to the pocket stamp! Thanks for the tip!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations