Wednesday, October 19, 2011

birthday throwdown..

Hey there. I'm sorry I've been mia for a few days. Life is taking some twists and turns and, as such, my mojo is up and down,too! But, I am getting back into the swing of things this week! :)


Today is Wednesday and it's time for another Color Throwdown challenge! Broni is our hostess this week, and these are the colors she chose:




It's a traditional Halloween color scheme, right? Of course it is...but when I think of Halloween it makes me think of my stepmother because her birthday is the day before! I decided that since we don't really do Halloween here (well, we do, but not so much that I would actually do a card for it), that I would go ahead and make my stepmom's birthday card! So, here it is:



She loves flowers and thought this came out pretty much in a way that she would like. I was going to put a bow on it, but then decided to leave it as it was. Good idea or no?


Anyway, I hope you get the chance to play along with us. Swing by the Color Throwdown blog and see what everyone else has created! Thanks for stopping in!

17 brownkowments:

Lynn Put said...

Very pretty birthday card! I like the two tone flowers and your elegant layout!

Amy Sheffer said...

Love that you used the color combo in a non-Halloween way! This is absolutely GORGEOUS!

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, Keva...your flowers are beautiful...love how you used the colors this week!!!!

dpkennedy said...

This is very lovely and your stepmom will love it! The gradation of color on your flowers is so pretty and no bow necessary! I often go bowless...it's so liberating, lol!

Wanda Cullen said...

Love what looks like the kissing technique with the flowers! Gorgeous card, Keva!

Broni said...

I think it's perfect just the way it is! I love, love, love those flowers!! Great card, Keva!

Marlena M. said...

Gorgeous card, Keva! I love it...bow or not...she'll love it too. ;)

kasia c. said...

Stunning! I love the colours of the flowers and the added glitter. :)

VICTORIA said...

It looks great with out the bow. Great job on it. I love the flowers was this a stamp?

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations