Saturday, May 7, 2011

For Mom...

Hi, and happy {early} Mother's Day to all you Moms, Mums, Mothers, and Mommies out there! I hope it is a wonderful day for you!

Today, I am sharing the card I made for my own lovely mom. She's super and the fact that she lives just 5 minutes away is - as I get older - really nice! :)

Here is a picture of her. It's one of my favorites actually:




Hi Mommy! Love you! :)


Isn't she just adorable? I just love her. Ok, so here is her card:



I got my new MFT stamps/dies that were reased this week called "Well Worn" and I LOVE it. The dies stack on top of each other - so so cool. The sentiment is, of course, the Verve set I've been using all week. It's really THE perfect Mother's Day set.


I used the sketch from this week's Card Patterns sketch, seen here:






AND I thought I would try my hand at the first CAS-ual Friday challenge which was to use text in our creation. I think my use of the SU French Script fits that bill, right? :)




Ok, well that's it from me. I hope that you guys all have a wonderful wonderful day tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by!



20 brownkowments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Your card is gorgeous, Keva...as is your mother! I see where you get your good looks! :-)

Renee said...

Your mom's a beauty!
And lucky!
To get such a gorgeous card...
love it!

Laura Davis said...

Beautiful work, your mom is going to love it!
Thanks for playing at CAS!
Laura

Teresa said...

Love your card! I see where you get your beautiful smile from!!Happy Mother's Day!

Karen B. said...

Your use of colors and embellishments are absolutely amazing on this beautiful card. Wow! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful layering and embellishments! GREAT take on the challenges! Thank you for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays. Hope to see more of your fabulous work!

kasia c. said...

Beautiful! I LOVE all of the texture and that colour scheme is so yummy.
Happy Mothers Day!

Sara Mac said...

Keva this is beautiful! I love the colors, textures and papers. Happy Mother's Day:)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful mother's day card...vintagy and texty! Love it! Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Michele Gross said...

Your mom will love this! Its gorgeous and definitely texty!! So happy you joined us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

Julie Ranae said...

Keva...this is one beautiful card and you look just like your beautiful mother! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Debby said...

I was trying yesterday to comment on this lovely card, but it wouldn't let me! Anyway back today to say, well, it's gorgeous! Hope your Mum liked it.

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

So, so pretty! I love that beautiful seam binding as a finishing touch. Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!! Hope you'll share more of your beautiful work with us again!!

anja curvers said...

Wow amazing work really beautiful love your take. Thank you for playing along with us at cardpatterns.

Sue Lelli said...

Keva, did your Mom cry when you gave her that BEAUTIFUL card??? LOVE the bow and the text and the colors and the paper! FAB!

Laurie said...

Gorgeous! I love the bow! AND that text! Thanks so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Dana said...

Your Mom IS truly adorable Keva! And this card is stunning. So, so pretty. The bow MAKES it for me. So glad you joined us for CAS-ual Fridays!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations