Monday, April 4, 2011

Verve Diva Dare!

Hello all! I'm here today with my card for the latest Verve Diva Dare!





Here is the challenge:


This month we dare you to make a card, project, layout, or whatever fits your stamping style using this month's theme - Color Me Spring!  Whether you are shoveling snow off of your sidewalks and only dreaming of warmer weather or you are already enjoying the first blooms of the season, this challenge is sure to put a spring in your step! How you interpret the challenge is up to you!


I am not normally a big user of pastels and springy colors, but I have to admit this was a fun fun fun card to make. I used my new Verve set, "Chick's Rule". It is just adorable!







This set has some of the cutest phrases in it! Perfect for little girls, teens, women, and even little boys if you use the "chicks dig me" sentiment..LOL.

I also decided to use the sweet SFYTT sketch for April:


I think this sketch is SO cute!

Well, that's it. I hope you get to play along. There are prizes to be won!



Stamps: Chicks Rule (Verve)
Card Stock: White (Papertrey); Cameo Coral, Old Olive (SU); Stella Rose by My Mind's Eye dsp
Ink: Cameo Coral, Barely Banana, Old Olive (SU)
Extras: Flowers (Glory Delightful Day by Prima)

12 brownkowments:

KER said...

great sketch...and your papers and image are perfect for it...love the sentiment

Amy Kolling said...

Oh Keva, this is adorable!! That little chick keeps calling my name!

Debbie Carriere said...

This is super cute, Keva!! Love the paper & how you stamped the basket on a striped DP - looks fantastic :)

Cathy Weber said...

I really like the sketch you used with this cute little Verve set. I like how the basket is stamped on patterned paper and the sentiment is really cute too. Did you stamp your own gingham? If so, well done. That has been a tough one for me.

kasia c. said...

Your CARD is so cute! You aced those pastels girl! I love those flowers. :)

Tosha Leyendekker said...

You took the dare and did it soooooo beautifully Keva! I ADORE your basket!! How clever to add your own handle! And those papers are just the sweetest!! What a charming beauty!!

Jackie Pedro said...

This is darling, Keva!! LOVE the tulle flowers!! You do Spring colors WELL!!!

Amy Sheffer said...

Beautiful, Keva! Love how you did the basket handle out of ribbon! So creative!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations