Tuesday, February 8, 2011

God is...

Hi everyone! Is it just me or is this week FLYING by? I am not complaining...I'm just sayin'. :) We're supposed to get more snow tomorrow (or today if you're reading this on Wednesday). I hope we do. I just love snow. Most years we get very little, but so far this year we've had 11 inches! That's a ton for Nashville!!

Anyway, today's card uses this weeks Mojo Monday challenge. I'll go ahead and admit that this sketch had my brain spinning! I finally figured out what I wanted to do, though, and it pretty much fell together after that. Here is the sketch:





And here is my card:






I'm not sure if you can tell, but the sentiment/image panel is done with the cracked glass technique. I haven't done that in years, and I need more practice, but it's one of my all time favorite techniques!

Ok, well that's it for me. Phineas and Ferb is coming on and then Murder, She Wrote so I've got to go! Thanks for stopping by! Laters...




Stamps: Psalms 46:1 plain jane (Verve): Larger than Life (Papertrey)
Card Stock: Cream, Black(Papertrey); Patterned paper - Wanted (Cosmo Cricket)
Ink: Versamark, Clear and Black EP (SU); Frayed Burlap (Tim Holtz)
Extras: Black satin ribbon (Papertrey); Pearls (SU); Flower (Recollections)



9 brownkowments:

Anne Marie Hile said...

Just beautiful! So soft and serene! The pearls are a fabulous accent! :)

Ravengirl said...

This is very beautiful! I do love the cracked glass technique and it worked very well for you here!

BeckyTE said...

A truely great card. The soft muted colors are perfect and then the drama of the black ribbon and pearls. Everything works so well together. Beautiful!

Jen Adcock said...

Magnificent. I love the cracked glass effect. Clever you. Again your color choice is stellar and so very serene. Gorgeous pearl accents to boot!

Stephanie said...

Keva........This is just beautiful! I love the cracked glass...It's perfect for this card. Your choice of color is beautiful and soft. Just lovely.

Debbie Carriere said...

Oooh, I love the cracked glass technique! Your chosen colors & sentiment are beautiful :)

Amy Sheffer said...

Oh my gosh! Gorgeous, girl! Love the cracked glass panel -- what a great technique for that image!

Amy Kolling said...

OMG......the cracked glass technique looks GORGEOUS with the Life set!! Just so antiqued and vintage! Love it! Great job on this Mojo sketch.....I had a horrible time with mine and just decided it wasn't going to work! LOL

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations