Friday, November 19, 2010

Hi there!!

Hello! Gosh, I have missed blogging this week! :)

My husband left yesterday and I was SO sad for a while. It's really lonely when you're used to having another adult in the house. And when I say adult, I mean an actual adult, not a preteen who THINKS she's an adult...LOL.

Anywho, last night Ava and I went to the midnight premier of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and let me just say I could have sat there another 2.5 hours to see the rest of it (the second half comes out in June 2011). It was SO fabulous...my favorite of the series though Chamber of Secrets is VERY close...haha.  So, we got home at 4 this morning. Needless to say, there was no school or work for us today. I'm still kind of in a fog, but I did manage to get some stamping done.

I started with this weeks' Curtain Call challenge! Here are the colors:


I decided to go with a baby card on this one since I just got my Night, Night Moon set from Papertrey in this week. Here is my card:


The sentiment part of the card is actually a Verve Plain Jane, but the little duck is from Night, Night moon...don't they look so cute together? heehee

I also used this weeks' Mojo Monday sketch, seen here:



Well, that's it for me. I'll leave you with a family photo from the Smokies. I asked this guy to take it and try as he might, he could not get a good picture of us. This one is the best, but it's a tad weird looking..kinda off color or something. Anyway, here ya go:




Stamps: Night, Night Moon (papertrey); Little Star Plain Jane (Verve)
Card Stock: White, So Saffron, Orange, Early Espresso, Certainly Celery, dsp (stampin up)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Peach Parfait (stampin up)
Extras: Grosgrain and button (papertrey)


17 brownkowments:

Jill said...

Keva--beautiful picture of a beautiful family! Sweet card too! PTI and Verve sure look good together!

Kathy and Lucky said...

What a beautiful picture of the family, especially with the mountains in the background. Your card is just darling, always forget about those baby cards, but your is so sweet with the colors and the sentiment, love it.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a cute card, Keva! Love how you paired those colors together. Love the family photo, too. I'm glad you had some great family time together! :) So, I take it Harry Potter was good? A friend recently bought me the books and told me I HAD to read them...so I guess I have no choice now! Haha!

Gina Lindsay said...

Love the card, especially the ribbon. We were at the midnight showing last night too. We were probably at the same theater, man what a crowd! I was already off today though, no way I could have made it to work!

Connie Collins said...

Keva,
I am so praying for you and your family. I don't care how much "experience" you have with deployments, it is still difficult to adjust to the new lifestyle why our loved ones are away. May God's protection be upon all of you!
Hugs!

Trees said...

What a cute card! I love what you did with the ribbon. Seriously the color challenge picture is making me soo hungry for cake! lol

Andrea said...

Love this stamp set and will have to have it someday soon! :) Love your card too!

Amy Kolling said...

Keva, what a beautiful family picture....thanks so much for sharing! You know you have another family here on your blog-o so don't feel lonely or be a stranger! Love your card...that twinkle sentiment is perfect!

Laurie said...

How stinkin' cute is this? I love your card! and your family picture is adorable! So glad to see a pic of everyone!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations