Saturday, June 19, 2010

Last of the birthday series...

Goodness, I don't know that I want to make another birthday card for a while! Insanity! I tried to make this one a little different.



I used a color scheme that I don't normally go for and also used a new stamp I received. It's called Henna Petals and is by Fiskars. I saw this card from Kara and IMMEDIATELY went and bought the set..lol. I just love it. I used the largest flower on this card, but i'll definitely be getting to the rest of the set soon enough. Will somebody please stop me with this frazzled ribbon look that I cannot seem to stop using!?? I love it, but I can't seem to do anything else with ribbon. heehee

I've scheduled this post because as you guys read this, I am at a military reintegration weekend with hubby. We're just a few miles from home, but I'm hoping a nice little weekend away all expenses paid at a really nice hotel will be a fun time for us both ! We rarely get away just the two of us, so I was/am excited about it. Ok, well, that's it from me. I hope you guys have a great weekend!


Stamps: Henna Petals (Fiskars); Star Prints sentiment (papertrey)
Cardstock: Pure Poppy and patterned paper (stampin up); True black (papertrey)
Ink: Basic Black (stampin up); Fresh Snow (papertrey)
Extras: Ribbon and rickrack die (papertrey)

6 brownkowments:

Lori said...

This is neat Keva, love how you did the ribbon!!!
Hope you and hubs have a fabulous time!!! Love it when we can get away which isn't very often either!! :)

Laurie said...

Love it Keva! That ruffle is too cute! Hope you guys have a great weekend together! Have a great time relaxing!

Diane Jaquay said...

What a bold, striking design this is, I LOVE it (great colors too!)

Jill said...

Keva, the ribbon looks awesome vertically like that! Keep up the good work. :-) What a unique stamp set--I can see why you went right out and bought it. Hey, when I first read your post, I thought it said, "military refrigeration weekend" and I was about to ask what that was, precisely, when I decided to reread it! LOL! Hope you had a great time!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations