Monday, September 26, 2011

moxie birthday..

Hey there. Thanks for dropping in. Oh, for those of you that asked - Contagion was okay. I'd give it a B-. It was great for a while and then it felt like they HAD to wrap it up and left too many unanswered questions for my taste. The cast was great, though, and it really did make me think a bit on how many germs and things there are out there and how susceptible we all really are...yeesh!


Anyway, on to my card. I am using this week's Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger. Here is the inspiration photo:

What a neat picture. I was inspired by the colors and that little banner at the top. It made me think of my grandmother. All of the little things in the photo remind me of things that would be in her home. The thread and buttons for sewing, the little "hanky" in her purse, the picnic pattern on a table in the backyard...the whole thing just screamed her to me. She was such a warm and giving person, and so I decided to make a card that included a gift. Here it is:



I used a selection of papers on this card. A little Cosmo Cricket "Circa 1934"and "Odds & Ends", both of which I really like. I thought the colors in those papers were perfect for the challenge. 


I also, for the first time, used my Papertrey Seed Packet Die. I figure I can throw a gift card in here and voila - instant gift!  I really like the way it turned out and love how easy it is to put together. I added a sentiment from the Verve "Hope Blooms" set, a flower, and a little bling and I was done. 


Well, that's it for me. Have a great day and thanks, again, for stopping in! Laters!








9 brownkowments:

Lindsay said...

Soooo pretty Keva! You really hit the nail on the head with the inspirational pic. So pretty!

Kara said...

i love this...the woodgrain packet and the little banner tucked behind..really pretty!!

kasia c. said...

Keva, this is gorgeous!!
I love your woodgrain embossed pocket. LOVE it. :)

Amy Kolling said...

What a great idea to simply put a gift card ON the card instead of inside! I love it and your beautiful card!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Keva! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations