Thursday, August 18, 2011

Harvest..

Hi and welcome to another FYI challenge. Take a look at this week's inspiration photo:



I loved the vibrance of the blue sky, but the yellow and red in the trees sucked me in and I focused on those colors. Here is my card:




The diecut is an MFT called Well Worn dies. There are actually 3 layers to it. On my card there are 2 used: The Terracotta Tile layer is one, then the Early Espresso and Fine Linen is another. All I did was diecut that same shape in two colors, and then I cut the EE layer in half so that I could sort of "mat" the same shape on itself...if that makes any sense..lol. 


Please play along with us if you can. The challenges last for 2 weeks, so you have plenty of time to get going!


I also wanted to tell you guys that this challenge will be the last for Valerie and Wanda!!! They've been a joy to work with, and we are TRULY going to miss them both. We do, however, have two NEW DT coming and they will join us for the first challenge in September!! Yay!










9 brownkowments:

Kara said...

i love the way you've placed the ribbbon!! such a beautiful card:)

Sara Mac said...

What a great card Keva! That verse is wonderful. Love how you did the ribbon.

kasia c. said...

Your take on this photo is gorgeous! LOVE that layering on the framed sentiment and your button and ribbon bow is so yummy!

Debby said...

Sorry I've not been commenting as much recently Keva I've been really busy but love seeing your posts. For this lovely I particularly liked the ribbon and the layered die cuts - packing in the gorgeous details.

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations