Friday, November 5, 2010

Christmas Blessings...

Hi everyone! Well, it's finally Friday, but I am NOT feeling particularly happy. :(

I discovered yesterday afternoon that someone had hacked my banking account and wiped me out! It is really awful and I am having to scramble to change everything (including my paycheck..ack!) and get it all together before bill paying day comes back around. The account is closed, BUT I still have lots to do to get everything back on track. I am SO bummed. Oh well.

Anywho, on to happier things. My card! Ok, you guys KNOW how I love playing with ribbon and in my head I am always thinking of new things to try with it. Today, I decided to extend it a bit and have a little fun with it. Here is my card:


I just love the fun colors and those polka dots are so yummy! I am NOT a fan of polka dots usually, but lately I think they're starting to grow on me. Funny how things do that, right? :) I used this week's sketch from 2S4Y, but took a liberty or two with the ribbon as it is not -technically- a part that should be there. Here is the actual sketch:



 The die and stamp are new from Verve! Aren't they so cute? They were just released last week and arrived in my little hands today. I couldn't wait to use them. Ok, well i'm off to work now..and then to the bank to deal with the craziness. One good thing, though...at least my orders from Verve, Papertrey, and The Twinery were safe from the thievery! ;)



Stamps: Sweet Scallop Tag stamp (Verve)
Card Stock: Kraft, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Jolly Holiday dsp (stampin up)
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive (stampin up)
Extras: Grosgrain and buttons (papertrey); Sweet Scallop Tag die (Verve)

20 brownkowments:

Gina Lindsay said...

I am so sorry to hear that! I hope it all gets settles quickly.

Your card is gorgeous, I love what you did with the ribbon.

KER said...

sorry for your misfortune...a lot of hassle and emotional upheaval i imagine...your card is wonderful...as are all your crafty works...it was therapy i hope...be safe & be well

Anne Marie Hile said...

Ugh, I am so sorry to hear that! That is absolutely horrible. Hopefully you can get everything taken care of...I had my debit card stolen once and it was so frustrating! It just causes SO much extra work for you which stinks. :(

Your card is adorable, though! Fabulous ribbon treatment, very unique! :)

Anne Marie Hile said...

Ugh, I am so sorry to hear that! That is absolutely horrible. Hopefully you can get everything taken care of...I had my debit card stolen once and it was so frustrating! It just causes SO much extra work for you which stinks. :(

Your card is adorable, though! Fabulous ribbon treatment, very unique! :)

Kara said...

Oh no!! That's so scary to think that can happen!! I hope everything is fixed and taken care of soon!!

Awesome card!

Lee Anne said...

So sorry to hear that, Keva. I hope you can get things back on track soon.

Julie said...

Sorry to hear about your bank! How annoying! I hope you get it figured out soon!

Love your card! And I LOVE that ribbon treatment! Gorgeous card, Keva! :)

Kristii said...

What a fun card!!! Love, love, love the colors and the new stamp and die from verve are fantastic!!!

Laurie said...

Love the big polka dots in the background! And look at those new tags? You enabler you!! hehe!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Oh Keva! How awful. I'm so sorry - I know you are just devastated. At least, I would be. It's one of those sad reminders that not everyone is nice like us.

HUGS!

Now - let me gush about your card! It's beautiful - the tag is just perfect and yes, those dots are wonderful, wonderful! Inspiring!

Jen Carter said...

LOVE your tag!! I'm using mine today too! Very cute card! Loving those colors and polka dots too!

Amy Kolling said...

Love how you've used this new set from Verve! I love the shape....so unique! You always do amazing things with your ribbon! Pretty card!

Christiana said...

How awful! Shame on that person. Honestly, I can't understand some people at all. I'm so sorry that happened to you and I hope you get it all straightened out as quickly as possible.

On a more positive note, your card is stunningly beautiful! Great colors, and that ribbon technique is so cool! Love it!

Wishing you a heapful of blessings!

Dana said...

Oh you poor thing. How awful! And it's such a hassle to get everything back in order again...my thoughts are with you.
The way you've placed your ribbon here looks like a cross, so that t first glance I thought it was an Easter card with Christmas colors! LOL!
Love the bold polka dots!

Courtney Baker said...

Oh girl that is not good at all! But you are part of the Fab 5 today on 2 Sketches! Congrats girl!

Anonymous said...

Love your bright cheery Xmas card, that ribbon looks just fab!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations