Thursday, July 28, 2011

A song..

Hey there! Thanks for stopping in. It's been a busy week around here! I've gotten a whopping 4 hours of sleep since Saturday...ugh. I'm running on steam, people! I have GOT to get some sleep soon or it's going to start affecting my attitude! :)


Today, I have a card for this week's Colour Q challenge. Can I say that as soon as I saw these new SU colors when the catalog came out, I KNEW I had to have them. I decided to just buy the "sample" pack with the inks and card stock and after using them tonight I simply must buy packs and packs more of it. All of the colors are just gorgeous and they work really well together. When I saw this challenge, I was very excited! Ok, so here is the color swatch:



I decided to break out my Papertrey set, Happy Trails. I really like the sentiments included. I'm such a sentiment freak!

Here is my card:



I don't know about you guys, but I love using flourishes on things..lol. I think they work so well with birds and butterflies! This was a fun card to make. It feels like it needs something else, but I'm not sure what. Ah well...hope you like it!!




12 brownkowments:

Luanne said...

Okay, so last night I had to use my Chevron stripes, and now tonight I'm going to have to bring out Happy Trails... This is wonderful, I love how you used the flourish with your birds! Now...get some sleep!

Evette K. said...

Hey fellow crafter...go to BED and sleep!!!!! Love your card today as it is once again in keeping with my idea of simple and elegant. Keep them coming. You inspire more people then you realize. TY.

Christina said...

Love the way you used the flourishes, Keva, especially with the added pearls! Such a great use of the Mat stack, too. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ again this week!

Amy Kolling said...

You always use flourishes and pearls so well! Great job with the color story!

Sylvia said...

What a lovely card, Keva! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Debbie Gaydos said...

Eeek, I love this! I've been trying to keep Happy Trails off my radar screen, but this does NOT help the cause! lol :)

Ginny said...

So pretty, Keva. I like the flourishes also, and you've inspired me as to how to use them. Great card!

Andrea M said...

Hope you are able to get some sleep! Ugh! That stinks - I don't do well on little sleep…. I feel for ya!
Beautiful card! I {heart} that sentiment!

kasia c. said...

GORGEOUS! I love the way that background looks with those wonderful birdies.

Hope you are able to get some sleep soon. :)

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations