Saturday, October 9, 2010

Kind Words...

Ahh, Saturday! Don't you just love them? College Football and warm apple cider! Ack! I just love Fall. I made today's card VERY last minute. It's for both this week's Color Throwdown and the SFYTT from last week. This is my first time playing along with the Throwdown. I've seen others play, and when I saw the colors I was inspired. I used to love Perfect Plum so much years ago, but I have not used it a lot lately. I really like it with the Early Espresso, too. Great combo! Here is the sketch:



And here are the colors from the throwdown:


So, without further ado (as per my normal..lol), here is my card: 





Such a fun card to make. Love those PTI butterflies with the Verve sentiment. See, we CAN all get along. :)

Well, College GameDay is back on, so I am off to start my football Saturday. Thanks for dropping by!



Stamps: Kind Words (Verve); Flutter By (Papertrey)
Card Stock: Perfect Plum, Vanilla (stampin up); DCWV patterned paper
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum (stampin up)
Extras: Chocolate Chip grosgrain

15 brownkowments:

Sue Ann said...

War Eagle baby and Let's Go Yankees!!! LOVE this card Keva. The IP is perfect here and I love the plum paper. This sentiment is so beautiful ~~and I love the ribbon!!!

Unknown said...

Such an elegant looking card, love the colors and that texture is really pretty!

Kara said...

love this color!! that patterned paper looks so cool...beautiful card

Debra said...

Goodness, this is pretty. The patterned paper is perfect and the ruffled ribbon adds great texture. Perfect combo of colors, paper and stamps.

Kay D said...

Beautiful, beautiful- love those colors, the butterflies, and your ruched ribbon!

Jen Carter said...

I LOVE this! It is gorgeous!! That is one of my FAVORITE Verve sentiments too and I love how you used it in the frame with the butterflies! Love, love! (See, I seriously need that Flutterby set...) :)

Karen B. said...

Another absolutely beautiful design. Perfect placement of the butterflies.

Broni said...

This is just gorgeous, Keva! I'm so glad you decided to play along with us at the Color Throwdown and I hope you'll be back often!!

Erica said...

I love the colors you used here! The plum looks stunning with the vanilla and chocolate brown. Love the butterflies, too!

Laura Pryor said...

This is one STUNNING card! I'm so glad I stopped by to see it up close. THe details are great. You did a FAB job with the colors this week. Thanks SO much for playing along at the Color Throwdown and thank you for commenting at my blog as well! :)

Laurie said...

This is so cute!! I love the butterfly's! Thanks to you I have them now! ;) Gorgeous background and ribbon treatment girl! Love it!

Amy Kolling said...

Ok.....gorgeous! Love everything about this....especially those butterflies! Laurie, Jen and I got to use this set this past weekend and now it is in my cart for sure all because of you my dear! You will see my post soon using this set!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations