Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Quick Recovery

Hello there! Quick card for you today. A friend of mine had surgery and so I made this card to give her along with flowers and dinner that I am making (read: picking up from Famous Dave's..lol).



I used this week's Play Date Cafe colors which I thought were just lovely. 







I am not a huge "white space" person and y'all know how I am about my patterned paper, but I thought this card looked best simple like this and with a lot of white space. Of course, you know that there had to be a teensy bit of me there, so the buttons made an appearance.  I also used my new MFT dies (Well Worn) again. I really really love them. On this car, I used all three of the dies included in the package. Don't they look so perfect together?







Well, that's it.  Thank you for stopping by! Have a lovely day!


12 brownkowments:

Debby said...

Love this card Keva - so you and yet white space too (which you might know that I love!). Hope your friend is doing well.

Arlene said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love the clean crisp look...will definitely bring a smile to your friend's face. :)

Arlene.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Oooooo!! Love this Keva!! I love the red/orange combo!! Your flowers are stunning, and your frame is fabulous!! WOW!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is just stunning, Keva! Love the contrast of all that white space wtih these vibrant colors. Beautiful!

Jinny Newlin said...

So pretty! I LOVE all that white space :)! Your friend will love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Cathy Weber said...

Gosh, I love the colors you chose for this. Really, great against the white. Not sure what mats you used for this, but they are really good. I love how they layered.

Tracey said...

Beautiful card Keva!!! Your use of white space is just perfect! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Fabulous card--love the layered dies and that multicolored flower!! FAB:) Thanks for playing along with us over at the PDCC:}

Fiona said...

lovely Keva, love the combination of elements - flowers buttons and diecuts. Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe :)

kasia c. said...

You absolutely rocked those colours! I LOVE that frame, you made orange & red look positively fabulous together. :)

Renee said...

It's gorgeous...
Love it!
Really love those dies...:)
Perfect...
it will cheer your friend immensely!

Amy Kolling said...

I did not need to see that you used those new dies from MFT.....I have been itching to own some! :) This will surely send a cheery smile to your friend! I loved your idea of a cooked meal......that's mine too! LOL

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations