Sunday, April 3, 2011

Hope is the thing with Feathers...

Hi everyone! Ahh, I have so missed stamping the last few days. All of my posts last week were scheduled because my mom was having surgery and staying with us while she recovers some so this weekend was SO busy!! Her surgery went fine and she is ready to go home..lol..but I think that's because I will not do what she says! haha...

Anyway, today's card features this month's first Verve sketch for April. The sketch is brought to us by Amber Hight. It has so many cool little panels...so much fun to use!





I am also using the color scheme from this week's CR84FN challenge.




I love these colors together. They're so woodsy to me. I decided not to go with a masculine card because I wanted to use my newest Verve Plain Jane, "Hope Perches". Emily Dickinson is my all time favorite poet, so as soon as I saw they were releasing this I knew that I had to have it. The entire poem is lovely.

So, here is my card:



I just love this card for all of the panels. This was a great sketch. It was fun to use the different papers and textures with this. I added the Papertrey images of the birdcage and bird from "Love Birds". I thought it went perfectly with the Verve sentiment.

Last week, I got a great little surprise in the mail from my friend, Teresa. She sent me a package full of goodies...brads and bling, papers, fabrics, seam binding..just tons of way cool stuff. She is SO very sweet!  The brad on the ribbon and the floral paper are both from my gift! :)

Well, that's it from me. I will leave you guys with the "Hope is the thing with Feathers" poem in its entirety! :)  Thanks for stopping by!


Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all,


And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.


I've heard it in the chilliest land
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.





Stamps: Hope Perches PJ (Verve); LoveBirds (Papertrey)
Card Stock: Early Espresso, Old Olive, Kraft (SU); Floral (unknown)
Ink: Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, White EP (SU)
Extras: Old Olive grosgrain (SU); Pearls (want2scrap); Woodgrain IP (Papertrey)

24 brownkowments:

Teresa Kline said...

wow, girl, this is stunning...luv the bird and cage...so sweet......so glad to see you using your goodies...I hope your week is awesome....hugs to you friend!

enjoy *~*

Jennipher said...

Wow, the color combination is beautiful and I love the bling on the bow.

Debbie Carriere said...

Awesome card, Keva! Love how you added the bird cage :) All your recent cards are great - For some reason your recent posts weren't showing up in my reader?? I missed a bunch :( That quirky blogger - lol! Have a great night!

Cathy Weber said...

You did a great job with all those layers in the sketch Keva. I really like how you used the birdcage with that beautiful sentiment.

Stephanie said...

Keva......this is so, so pretty! Lovely job with all of those panels!

Sue Lelli said...

Keva, LOVE all the layers that end up with that FAB sentiment and the birdcage! LOVE the ribbon and brad gift also! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Julie said...

This is gorgeous, Keva! Those panels are awesome...great texture! Such a sweet gift from Teresa...she IS a sweetheart! :)

Deborah Frings said...

This is beautiful. I love the sentiment, the papers, the layers and pearls. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Keva! That little bird in the cage is darling! Love all the pearls and pretty bow! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN :)

Amy Kolling said...

Oh my Keva....I love what you've done with these colors!! That sketch has so many elements but you worked it out!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, Keva! Love the bird cage with this sweet sentiment.. Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

Heather Rogers said...

Such a sweet card, Keva. I love that sentiment. Thanks so much for playing at CR84FN! :)

What a sweet girl taking care of her mother. I am sure she appreciated it.

kasia c. said...

Keva, this is just gorgeous! You rocked both the colours and the sketch. Fabulous textures. :)

Andrea M said...

Keva, this is WONDERFUL! Love the different patterns - that flower paper makes my heart go pitter-pat!!! Awesome take on the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!!! Wonderful take on the challenge colors!

Deb Hickman said...

Gorgeous card, I love the sketch you used and the birdcage and sentiment are lovely.xxx

Silke Ledlow said...

GORGEOUS!!! You rocked the sketch and the colors Keva! Awesome design! Hugs ~S~

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations