Saturday, June 12, 2010

Embellish(ed) Get Well wishes...




Happy Saturday, everyone! I hope your weekends are all going well. Today, I am FINALLY playing along with the Embellish Magazine color challenge. I love everything about this magazine and Ashley's blog. It's just all so fresh and trendy - but not in a neon leg warmers way! LOL I really like the colors we were to use, too!





My stamp table  was borrowed for a yard sale and so I decided that the kitchen table would have to work. Well, it took my forever to get this card made! I don't start stamping with a clear idea. I just kinda look at my stuff and think. and think.and think. Then something comes to me and I do it. Well, I couldn't look at my stuff today since it was upstairs in the craft room and I was downstairs in the kitchen. It was nuts, but I do think that I like what resulted. I made it with a sick friend in mind. We're taking her family dinner tonight, so I wanted a little card to go along with it. Since I can't seem to make an A2 card to save my life, this is another 51/4 by 5 1/4 card. I just love this size. hee hee.

OK, well i'm off to clean the kitchen table up before the family gets home. Alex had a riding lesson today, so they're all at the stables. Have a great one!


Stamps: Big & Bold Wishes (papertrey)
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Cameo Coral, Barely Banana, Vanilla (stampin up)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Cameo Coral
Extras: Grosgrain ribbon - vanilla (papertrey); Top Note die (stampin up)


13 brownkowments:

Barbara said...

Lovely use of the colors, Keva! And I LOVE that ribbon treatment!

Debbie Gaydos said...

Ahhh, well it all worked out just great! Love what you ended up with, so pretty!

Unknown said...

Keva, love the colors! isnt that stamp set like one of the coolest ever..:P

Maggie said...

I love how you used the set with the Top Note die....I knew I should not have joined this blog group because I keep seeing sets that I don't have...and now want to add to the collection :)

Danisha said...

I agree with everyone else who loves the ribbon. I also love the colors of the card. So soothing and calming. I am sure your friend will LOVE it along with the dinner you are providing.

Laurie said...

Love that ribbon! These were fun colors this time weren't they? :) Great card!

Erica said...

I love your card! The colors remind me a little of neopolatin ice cream!

Maile Belles said...

Wow, very pretty! Love the big and bold label! So glad you could join us in the Embellish challenge.

Charlene Austin said...

Loving all the details.

I can't believe I've never used that stamp set yet.

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations