Thursday, March 10, 2011

Nobody beats you..

But a cold sure does beat ME! I have been SO sick this week and it continues. I "think" it's just a cold. It's actually mainly just a terrible hacking cough that hurts and a very sore throat...today it added fever to the mix, Ugh! I hope it is not reflected in this card because I really had fun creating it.

Anywho, today's card uses another of my AmberInk digis. AmberInk is also sponsoring the Case Study challenge this week! How fun is that?!




Julee Tillman (one of my favorite stampers!) is the muse for this month, and this is her card for this week:


Is that not gorgeous? I mean, really...isn't it? So, I knew in "case"-ing her card that I wanted to try and use the same papers and layout, but I also wanted to use my retro digis from AmberInk. I just adore these sets. They're called "Say it like it's 1959" and "Mod Kitsch Kitsch". I really like the little retro "baubles" (I think they're called) under the eyelet lace border die. So sweet! So, here is MY take on Julee's card:








Well, I hope you like it. Be sure and stop by Case Study and the AmberInk blogs to see more of what the AmberInk and Case Study DT have done with this inspiration card. Thanks for stopping by! Laters...




Stamps: Mod Kitsch Kitsch, Say it like it's 1959 (AmberInk digis)
Card Stock: Vanilla, Black, Red, Fine Linen (Papertrey); Circa 1934 (Cosmo Cricket)
Ink: Ruby Red, More Mustard (SU)
Extras: Black satin ribbon, button, eyelet lace border die (Papertrey)


9 brownkowments:

Mrs Ham said...

Too cute. I love the image (reminds me of my grandma's Kitchen Aid. The papers are terrifice. I hope you feel better soon.

Dana said...

You are so right Keva. Julee is one of the most amazing stampers around, and she's a doll to boot!
I LOVE your "case". retro kitsch makes me smile every time. LOVE how you stamped on PP! WOO HOO!

Oh, but I'm sorry you are sick. Drink some soothing throat tea.

kasia c. said...

I feel your pain! A cold has "beaten" me this week too. I hope you are feeling better soon. :)

LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! It made me giggle. I love your take on the inspiration card. Fabulous! I think I may have to check out tohse digis.

Pam said...

I'm so sorry you are under the weather! And no, your card doesn't show it at all - I love the vintage feel and especially the diamond patterns you created on the lower part of the card. Great choices. Thanks for going the extra mile on making this even when you were sick. Hope you got a good night's R & R.

Aimes said...

Love your take on Julee's card, Keva!
Thanks so much for joining us on CASE study this week!
Hugs,
Aimes
x
P.S Hope that icky cold has gone soon!

Laurie said...

LOVE! This was one of my FAVE images! Adorable!!! Love the paper you made too!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations