Saturday, February 19, 2011

Cheery Sort of Day...

Hi everyone! Sorry i've been MIA this week. I've been around, but just haven't had the time to stamp. Here is a little secret about me  --> I cannot multitask in my brain. I have been totally caught up with some redecorating/remodeling I am doing around the house and have spent all of my moments thinking and rethinking every decision. I'm terrible about that. I also changed my mind about going to NYC. We're going to go to Los Angeles with my Bestie and her daughter instead. I think Ava would have more fun there. Plus, the weather should be better and there is a stronger chance to see Robert Pattinson..lol. So, come March 19th, that's where we will be for a week. We may try to fit in another trip since we have two week Spring Breaks here..maybe Atlanta or Chicago. Somewhere drivable, of course. :)

So, anywho....I did manage to get lots of stamping done last night, so I have a few days worth of cards stockpiled..lol. Here is my first card:




This card combines TWO challenges in one. 




This week The Play Date Cafe and Case Study combined their challenges! The colors/inspiration photo for these challenges is this card by Eva Dobilas:





I really like those colors together and as soon as I find out how to make that card shape, I am all over buying the tools I need to create my own! ;)



Well, that's all I have today (as if I haven't said enough!! haha). I hope you guys all have a great Saturday! Laters...



Stamps: Mat Stack 4 and Hello, Friend  (Papertrey)
Card Stock: Black, Vanilla (Papaertrey); Cosmo Cricket Material Girl dsp
Ink: Memento black; Old Olive (SU)
Extras: Grosgrain, Mat Stack 4 die (Papertrey); Butterfly die (SU); Resin flower (Webster's Pages)




21 brownkowments:

Michele Gross said...

Wonderful card! The colors turned out just gorgeous and the sentiment is just delightful :) Be sure to check out Libby's blog from our PDCC DT, she show's you exactly how to do one of these fun shaped cards ;) (you might even already have some of the tools!!) Glad you had fun at our Combined Grind this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Fiona said...

Great card Keva! Love your black/white frame combo on that red background! Thanks for playing at the Play Date Cafe :)

Metamorfosis said...

Lovely card! I really like the way you used your ribbon! The mat stack looks great on black!!

Cathy Weber said...

Super cute card Keva. I love that script on the Mat Stack stamp. The card shape you were wondering about is a Spellbinder die, Curved Rectangles. I have that one and it makes a really nice card shape. Your trip to LA sounds like fun for you and your daughter. Let's hope we have some great weather while you are here.

Amy said...

You will love the Spellbinders that make cards this shape! So fun. Your ribbon treatment is just perfect and your use of the mat stack frame with the pearls is stunning!

Mommie2Quads said...

Hi Keva,
Nice card. The other card was made using the Nestabilities Curved Rectangle Mega Nest Dies. HTH.

Ravengirl said...

Wow, those are good colors together! I have an award for you on my blog, if you would care to pick it up!

Jill said...

Nice choices of papers/stamps for this color combo, Keva! Gosh, that text Mat Stack stamp looks great! Love the black details too!

Sue Plote said...

This is GREAT, Keva. Nice job with the colors, and I LOVE the way you used the Mat Stack! Cute butterfly, too!!

Jen said...

Another stunner! I adore the color choices you've made and that darling ribbon treatment. Looking forward to seeing what else you've made with your newest PTI goodies.

Julie said...

Fantastic job on this! Nice and CAS, which is perfection in my eyes. Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study.

Banu said...

Beautiful card. I love the ribbon treatment. Having received swap cards from you before, I know how cool they are...Really neat.

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE that sentiment, Keva! Such a beautiful take on the Combined Grind Challenge! Thank you so much for playing along with us, this week, in The Cafe!

I hope you have a wonderful, warm Spring Break, too! Oh! And happy redecorating! What fun!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Super cute--love that red paper--and that tag with the butterfly! You rocked this challenge;) Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the PDCC:}

Libby Hickson said...

Love this pretty card, wonderful use of the colors! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe! (and I see Michele pointed you toward my blog, hope it helps!) :-)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

What a FUN card, Keva! Thank you for joining us for our special challenge this week!

Jean Martin said...

Awesome card Keva! I love your CAS style. So glad you could join us at CASE Study Challenge this week! :)

Debbie Gaydos said...

So, so cute! I always reach for the polka dots from this MS set... you are really showing me that I shouldn't be neglecting the others!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations