Sunday, January 23, 2011

I'm blessed..

Hi everyone. Thanks for stopping by this Sunday! I hope you're having and have had a great weekend. Today's card is another in the string of "thanking those that support you" cards that I've been making for a while. This one is going to my friend, Sandye, this morning.  Yesterday was a very trying day. One of those days where you cry until you just cannot cry anymore...and then you cry more. Ugh. Long story short, things are fine now but I had medical issues with Ava that needed to be remedied and it was just so chaotic and stressful. I had to actually call my husband in Germany. You KNOW that was a big deal! Anyway, like I said she's on the road to recovery, hopefully, so we are moving forward.

So..back to Sandye. Sandye got a call from my mum and came straight (since she lives closer than Mum) over to make sure I was alright and it reminded me how she is ALWAYS there for me like that. I can ALWAYS count on her for anything I might need. She's a wonderful wonderful person and I TOTALLY am blessed to have her in my life.

I had been thinking all day yesterday about trying out this weeks Case Study Challenge. I had played once before I think, but I get so intimidated using a GREAT stampers cards as my inspiration. It's usually hard for me to get past the beauty of their card and make my own. Does that happen to you guys?  So, as I was looking at the Muse (Mercy Kerin) card and trying to decide what kind of card I would make, I decided to use her same basic layout, but make the "meaning" behind my card kinda the opposite of hers. Mercy's card is here:



It's a sympathy card..and I love it, but I thought i'd make a card that was a celebration of someone while they are still alive. A card to let someone know that you appreciate them in the here and now. Put all of that together and the card for Sandye was born.  Here it is:




I hope you guys like it. I am so stuck on using those flowers I bought at Michael's. Every time I make a card, I try to find a way to get one on it..lol. Well, that's it for me today. Thanks for "listening"..and if you're a praying sort of person, could you please pray for Ava? It's nothing life threatening, but as an almost 12 year old, it's really devastating to her psyche and self esteem. Thank you.




Stamps: Just for You (Verve)
Card Stock: Fine Linen, Distressed Dots dsp (papertrey); Melon Mambo, Early Espresso (su)
Ink: Melon Mambo, Chocolate Chip (su)
Extras: Brown bling (want2scrap); Flower (Recollections); Espresso ribbon (su)

14 brownkowments:

Cassie said...

Hey, Keva, sorry to hear you had one of those days. Your cards are so lovely. I know creating always makes me feel better. I'm thinking of you and Ava ;)

Christina said...

This is a lovely card for your friend! Your sponging is wonderful, and I love the offset circles highlighted by the gems.

I hope you're having a much better day today! I'll keep you and your Ava in my thoughts.

Amy Sheffer said...

So sorry to hear you and your daughter had a trying day yesterday! I'll definitely pray for both of you!!

Your card is lovely in all ways! Sandye is sure to love it!

Julie said...

Sorry to hear about your icky issues, Keva, but glad to hear she's getting better! Love your card, your friend will love it!

Ravengirl said...

Your card is beautiful! It's sure to convey your gratitude :) I hope that today brings a better day for you and your daughter!

Laurie said...

OH Keva! I hope everything is ok! I will keep you and Ava in my prayers!

Your card is beautiful!! I love that flower!

Debby said...

Most importantly I hope Ava's doing better now and that medical things are sorting themselves out. It's so good to have a friend who's always there when you need them and a fab card to say thanks.

Debbie Carriere said...

Beautiful card!! I love your style :) I hope Ava is okay & you both are better today :) Hang in there.

Amy said...

Oh I so hope Ava is doing OK. I'll sure be thinking about you! I love your sponging/shading...it looks fantastic! I love that flower...Now I need to go to Michael's!

Gina Brandstetter said...

Your artwork is amazing! Thank you for sharing. I'll be following!

Prayers going up for Ava (and you too.) :)

Dana said...

Oh Keva, I am sending good thoughts and healing vibes Ava's way. Poor little thing. And you too. Keep your chin up and keep on truckin'.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a beautiful card. So sorry you had to deal with those medical issues with hubby so far away. But glad to hear you have such a fantastic friend close at hand!

Sue Kohler said...

what a beautiful card keva, love the green tonings with a touch of colour! sorry to hear you had one of those days, you are in my thoughts & prayers, stay strong!
thank you for joining us at CASE study! :)

Cristina said...

Really beautiful, Keva. And a lovely sentiment behind it. Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations